Friday, September 15, 2006

Come to Jesus

What are we to do to come to Jesus? Luke 15:1-2 says, "The tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, 'This man receives sinners and eats with them."

When I read verses like that, I can't help but to shout "Amen!" Jesus receives sinners . That's you and me (see Rom.3:23). But what caused Him to do this? Verse 1 says they drew near to Him to hear Him . Jesus said in John 6:37, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out."

Are you one of the Father's gifts to Jesus? Have you come to Jesus? If so, you belong to Him. Take some time today to thank Him for receiving you and making you accepted in Him (Eph.1:6).

1 comment:

ThinkOnItDevotions said...

See my recent post. I think we're saying the same thing. I reading like-minded believers! Keep spreading God's Word. Please Visit my site www.ThinkOnItDevotions.com for daily devotions, bible studies and more.