Thursday, February 22, 2007

Panting After God

Psalm 42:1-2 says, "As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" (emphasis added).

That is the truest expression of a child of God in worship. His "soul thirts for God." When was the last time that you wanted God that much? There are so many things to distract us from this kind of relationship that we rarely thirst. If I could encourage you today I would challenge you to feast on God's Word. Begin by taking small bites, like reading through a book in the New Testament (e.g., 1 John). Then move to larger books (e.g., John). Before you know it you will find yourself desiring God's Word more. You see, when you want God that much then you are desiring the right things -- not to mention thirsting for the right One. So as "the deer pants" so must you. Pant after Him today!

No comments: